How Much Does a Dumpster Rental Cost?
New Jersey Dumpster Rental Prices
When you’re planning a significant undertaking like renovating your home or fully landscaping a yard, a dumpster can be an easy and cost-effective way to dispose of waste. Understanding how companies calculate dumpster rental costs in New Jersey can help you save money so you can focus more of your resources on your projects.
With this guide, we’ll show you how companies decide on dumpster rental rates and give you some tips on how to save money on your disposal fees.
How to Calculate Dumpster Price
Various factors contribute to how much a dumpster costs. Each dumpster starts at a base rate, and how you use it can add to the cost. Understanding your needs helps us determine the right pricing for your project.
These factors help us calculate dumpster prices.
Most companies measure dumpster capacity cubic yards, and our dumpsters are available in sizes from 10 to 40 cubic yards. Dumpster price increases depending on its size, as larger dumpsters take more resources to haul, and they can accommodate heavier loads. We calculate the maximum weight into the price of the rental.
Choosing the right size for your project helps prevent additional costs. If you underestimate the amount of space you need, you might need to rent a second dumpster to accommodate the extra waste. Similarly, exceeding a container’s weight capacity also results in additional fees depending on the excess weight. To help prevent these risks, you might consider renting a container that is slightly bigger than you think your project needs.
Informing us of the type of waste you’re removing helps us provide better service to you in many ways. If you tell us about your project’s details, we can help you decide on the container size based on estimated weight needs. For example, many customers are surprised by how heavy a container full of roofing tiles is, compared to other debris types. We can help you avoid overloading fees by recommending an appropriately sized dumpster for your project.
Some specialty projects with recyclable materials allow us to offer reduced or flat-rate pricing. Because we can recycle the materials instead of bringing them to a landfill, we can save money on disposal fees and pass the savings down to you. Recyclable projects include asphalt clearing and some landscaping projects.
The closer the disposal company is to your location, the more you’ll save on your dumpster rental. The driver must spend time and fuel to deliver the dumpster from the storage yard to your home. You will usually pay those costs in your bill. By choosing a local company, the driver travels a shorter distance overall, and you can save on transportation costs.
Our Starting Prices
Hometown Waste & Recycling Services Inc. can provide you with affordable and dependable waste solutions for your projects. Whether you have a small renovation project or a total building renewal, we have a dumpster that fits your budget and disposal needs. Here are the starting prices for our containers.
- 10-yard container: When you’re renovating a single room or decluttering, our smallest container is a budget-friendly option for clearing out waste. Though larger sizes would be more suitable for bulkier furniture items, a 10-yard dumpster can accommodate small to mid-sized items at a starting price of $475.
- 20-yard container: This container is perfect for mid-range projects like roof replacements and flooring remodels. It’s also large enough to fit medium-sized furniture items. The 20-yard container starts at $575.
- 30-yard container: This container is capable of clearing waste from the most extensive home projects. With enough space to hold large furniture items, it’s an excellent choice for complete home renovations and demolition projects. This large container starts at $675.
- 40-yard container: Our largest available container is best for large commercial projects. You will need loading equipment to fill the container since it has eight-foot walls. Our 40-yard container starts at $900.
Can Anything Else Affect the Cost of a Dumpster Rental?
Some factors can increase your rental bill. Avoid these situations to keep your disposal project within your budget.
- Missing your delivery or pickup: If you are not available when a driver comes to drop off or pick up your dumpster, we will charge you a $150 fee for each unsuccessful attempt.
- Extending your rental period: If you hold the dumpster longer than the rental agreement terms, we will charge you an additional $35 per day of use. If you would like to use the dumpster for an extended time, it’s better to discuss the terms with us beforehand.
- Dumping hazardous waste: Using our containers to dispose of toxic, flammable or otherwise dangerous materials may result in fines, legal actions and other liabilities. The act of dumping these substances can impact your bill and even lead to jail time.
Roll-Off Rental Cost FAQs
If this is your first time renting a dumpster, you might have additional questions about the process. Take a look through these frequently asked questions.
Why Do Dumpster Prices Vary?
While the base cost of our dumpsters generally does an excellent job of estimating our average operating costs, some factors can add to our expenses. For example, depending on your location, we may need to travel longer to deliver the container, which takes extra time and mileage. Prices can also fluctuate depending on competitive industry rates.
How Much Does a Dumpster Cost to Rent for a Day?
Whether you need a dumpster for a single day or the entire standard seven days, the price will be the same because we perform identical duties regardless of time. The advantage is that you can take your time with a disposal project instead of feeling pressured to rush to fill the container.
How Do We Bill Our Customers?
You must pay dumpster rental fees at least one day before we deliver the container to you. After you have finished using the container, we will place a $300 hold on your card to ensure you have additional funds available if the dumpster is overweight and requires additional fees.
If we take an additional fee from the hold, we will provide you with a state-certified scale measurement to show how far the weight surpassed the limit. On the other hand, we will release the hold if the container stays within the weight restrictions.
How Can You Pay for Your Dumpster?
We accept all major credit cards for payment, as well as cash on delivery. Unfortunately, we cannot accept checks.
Do We Charge Tax?
Yes. Our rentals are subject to New Jersey’s state sales and use tax.
Do We Offer Discounts?
Yes! We offer our first-time customers $25 off their first dumpster rental. We cannot pair this offer with other discounts or promotions.